You have no items in your shopping cart.
The Third Edition of Introduction to Academic Writing, by Alice Oshima and Ann Hogue, continues in the tradition of helping students to master the standard organizational patterns of the paragraph and the basic concepts of essay writing. The text's time-proven approach integrates the study of rhetorical patterns and the writing process with extensive practice in sentence structure and mechanics.
Features of the Third Edition:
- A step-by-step approach guides students seamlessly through the process of writing.
- Clear, succinct explanations help students to understand and apply key concepts and rules.
- Numerous models and varied practice support students at all stages of writing.
- NEW instruction and practice in summary writing prepare students for academic work.
- NEW Try It Out! exercises give students opportunities to assess mastery of skills.
- NEW self-editing and peer-editing worksheets mortivate students to revise their work.